Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 7 - Lunch - Le Cellier



This was one of the highest rated "1" credit restaurants in the entire park.  Even making reservations three months in advance I had a difficult time booking a good time to eat.  Who knew Canadian food would be that popular?

Dinner
Le Cellier
Epcot - Canada Pavilion


I was born and raised in the northwest, and have been up to British Columbia and Alberta quite a few times.  This place was all wood and stone and reminded me a lot of an excellent steakhouse in Banff called The Keg.  In my opinion, they were going for Canadian steakhouse and they really nailed it.


Appetizer
 

 
Strawberry Shake - $4
Cheddar Beer Soup - $7

Another restaurant with an actual special option for the "drink" - they serve up milkshakes!  Not the best milkshake I've had, but it was a pleasant change of pace.  The soup was okay, but I've lived in the midwest for a few years and this was no where near the level of beer-cheese soup that I've had there.


Entree
 

Mushroom Filet Mignon - $27

Delicious, delicious steak.  Nice cut of meat, nicely prepared, and nicely sauced.  This was almost as good as the California Grill steak from the night before, and was a true deal for "1" credit.


Dessert
 

Campfire Smores - $6

So sweet and so gooey, I really didn't enjoy this dessert as much as I was expecting.  They's just way too much going on, and I have no idea what the point of the giant piece of candy on the end of the stick is supposed to be - it tasted like pure sugar.



Drink$4
Appetizer$7
Entree$27
Dessert$6
Total$44


Dining Credits - 1
Credit "Value" - $22
Overall Savings - $22



Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment