Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 2 - Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern



My research online and through the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World lead me to the unfortunate conclusion that the Liberty Tree Tavern was pretty much not only the best table-service restaurant in the entire Magic Kingdom, but the only good table-service restaurant. So we found ourselves trying it out for lunch. I went in expecting typical pub-style fare, and it didn't disappoint.


Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern
Magic Kingdom


Very patriotic interior. New England pub decor through and through. My wife enjoyed the overall layout of the place, which managed to feel somewhat cozy despite being pretty well packed.


Appetizer AND Drink
 

New England Clam Chowder - $7
Patriot Punch - $6

A very thick chowder. Filling and tasty - they certainly provided a large bowl of it, enough for two people I would think. The drink was a blend of Sprite, orange juice, vanilla ice cream, and came out tasting a bit like a Dreamsicle. This was my first experience of a restaurant providing something outside of soda, coffee, or tea as the drink option covered under the plan.


Entree


 

Pot Roast - $18

A tender pot roast served over mashed potatoes. It made for, again, a decent meal that I can't complain about, but which didn't really shoot off any flavor fireworks for me.


Dessert
 

Apple Purse a la Mode - $6

What's could be more patriotic than apple pie and vanilla ice cream? While apple pie really is more of a European-origin dessert, I simultaneously would expect no less than that in Disney World at a restaurant themed on, essentially, Yankee Doodle and all that, they'd be serving this one up. I couldn't resist trying it out, but this version of the classic didn't do much for me. I think I enjoyed the vanilla ice cream more than the apple purse itself.




Drink$6
Appetizer$7
Entree$18
Dessert$6
Total$37


Dining Credits - 1
Credit "Value" - $22
Overall Savings - $15



Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment