Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 2 - Dinner - Narcoosies



Since I didn't see any point in hitting the Liberty Tree Tavern for both Lunch and Dinner, but didn't have any good thoughts on where in Magic Kingdom another good restaurant might be found, I decided that we'd go to one of the signature resort restaurants.


Dinner
Narcoosies
Grand Floridian


Nautical decor, with a nice open view of their kitchen when you first enter. There's a relaxing view from most of the tables out over the lake that the Grand Floridian sits on, which was pleasant after a long day in the park.


Appetizer
 

Crab Cakes - $13

This was the low point of the meal for me. These crab cakes were good but not great. I didn't really like the "southern slaw" they were served over, and the cajun remoulade was understated.


Entree
 

Surf and Turf - $58

This meal was very good. While I didn't particularly care for the sauce the filet was served with, the meat was of excellent quality and cooked perfectly. The butter-poached lobster was firm, of good size, and absolutely delicious. The potato gratin and broccoli made for a good pairing with both the steak and lobster. One of the best entrees of the entire trip.

Dessert
Imperial Orange Pekoe Tea - $6

I was much too stuffed at this point in the meal to do justice to any full-sized dessert, so when I saw they had a full menu of fresh-brewed loose leaf teas I went for one. My wife had their gelato sampler and shared a few bites with me - all of the flavors were good but their pistachio gelato was divine.



Drink$3
Appetizer$13
Entree$58
Dessert$6
Total$80


Dining Credits - 2
Credit "Value" - $44
Overall Savings - $36



Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment